Monday, March 1, 2010

Disneyland Trip

I was SO excited to find out at Christmas that we would be going to Disneyland the end of February. The babies went up to Pinetop and stayed with Steve's parents for the week. I just wanted to take care of someone's toddler every time I saw 1 or 2 year-olds. But, I wouldn't have done it any other way. I love to ride the rides. We had a blast with just our girls. We also were there while our friends, the Coopers, were there. Our kids are almost exactly the same age and we've known them since Haley and Ana were born.



Jedi Training was so fun! Haley is now a Padawan. She can't be found in the picture below because when Darth came out, she hi-tailed it to the farthest corner away from him. I think she wasn't sure what was going on.

Here's Haley fighting Darth Maul. She was awesome! Steve and I couldn't stop laughing at our sweet little girl fighting this scary guy. She really got into it.
This picture cracks me up. I love the terror in Sammy's face. Steve was really getting into it, too. This ride ended up being her favorite. She and Steve rode it right at closing time on our last night while Haley and I rode Big Thunder.
Haley with her friend Ana. They walked all over Disneyland with their arms around each other. At times it was Haley with the out-stretched arms and Ana trying to get away. :)

Jungle Cruise.






We rode the horse drawn carriage 3 times. This was Brother.


Steve was being a party pooper and didn't spin the tea cup for us, so I did my best. He told me his stomach was bothering him. Going slow on the tea cups was bothering me.

We went to the beach on the cold/rainy day. Steve and I watched the girls with our arms folded and reminded them several times that we would not be going in after them. Haley wore her shirt and got caught in a wave. We didn't bring a change of clothes because we thought they would just run around the beach. Later we met up with our friends and had yummy Italian food(great food, not the best service). After, we had yummy ice cream sandwiches.



The Toy Story Mania ride was the best! I loved that ride. My friend, Milena, got 100% accuracy!





Samantha not sure about Big Thunder Mountain.

Haley loving it!




Audrey, Haley, Samantha and Ana.


This picture is funny. It kind of explains the difference in personality in these two girls.
Cautious and Crazy! They're good for each other.
The pictures are out of order, but both my kids went on Tower of Terror. We weren't sure that we thought that ride was "fun". But, because Haley bragged about it being her favorite ride of all time, we thought it was best to put it to the test. Because Haley was going on it, then Samantha wanted to do it again, then Ana joined on board. I actually really liked it the second time. She did say that she liked it best.


Here's Steve and the girls playing with their treasures. Haley wanted a Belle dress and Samantha got a cute princess hat and Mulan Polly Pockets. MY favorite treasure was a Chewbacca backpack. It looks like he is riding on your back. We got it for Jacob's birthday.


7 comments:

Scott said...

So fun! Love the pics, can you please come take pics of our vacations? Yours are always so great! Glad you all had fun.

Debra Jensen said...

This looks Soooooo fun! MY KIDS ARE DYING TO GO! What a memorable trip... one that your girls will always cherish, I'm sure.

Laurie said...

OK, how funny is that..we were there on Feb. 22nd. When were you guys there?

Lindsay said...

Laurie, we were there on the 22nd, too!

diane said...

Isn't the Jedi Training awesome? I am surprised the girls liked Tower of Terror. Eli hated it, so of course I laughed and laughed and tried to get him to go again. No dice.

Pini said...

Looks like you had a ball! I love all the pictures...your girls are darling! :)

jaredites6 said...

That was so fun! We didn't take any pictures can you believe that!!