So now that we've have Malikiah 6 1/2 weeks now, everyone is getting settled and we are realizing how much work it is having all of these little children. We've accepted the challenge, but the fatigue is setting in and I am concerned about everyone feeling loved and getting the attention they need. I have always wanted to space our kids out atleast 2 and a little bit of a year a part for that specific reason. I do feel that we can do it, but that I need some help during the day. I think I am going to look for someone to come for several hours, a couple times a week. In the beginning, I was totally sprinting. It was busy and fun, but now I'm realizing that I do need to go to the grocery store, some time, and have little breaks. Or, fold laundry and make dinner. Just to feel normal again and do normal things.
The kids noticed that we now only have 1 seat left in our car that is not being used. Samantha said yesterday, coming home from church, "We have room for one more back here!" To which Steve replied, "No more, unless they're 13 or 14 and can help out." Haley let us know that she wants to be the oldest, so for now, we're good!

We were up in Pinetop for Labor Day and the girls loved picking the wild flowers. The picked for about an hour, and then just knew they could sell them for 20 bucks per bunch. They had one customer walk by that wasn't interested. So I bought one for 80 cents and the rest of the adults bought some too. I think they walked away with just over $2 each.






















Bedtime is usually crazy. Kids wanting snacks, stories, bottles, rollers in their hair, or just to be held. Very rarely are we just hanging out with one of the kids for fun. It's usually out of necessity. Last night, bedtime was awesome! Everyone was happy and cheerful, and obedient. Steve and I just kept looking at each other, smiling at how happy everyone was. It was a breath of fresh air! I am SO thankful for each of these little ones. I know there is a reason for them being here right now. I am thankful for those nights that go great.
5 comments:
Lindsay! I feel the same way and I only have three! let's get together, weren't we supposed to today:)
I want to come over and help!
You are great examples. We miss you guys!
I don't know how you do it! But you have the greatest attitude and I think you are totally smart to get a little help!...After all, making dinner and doing laundry are nice! ha ha!
Laundry and dinner are over-rated.
And I am glad to know that you throw temper tantrums AND went to the tanning bed for 10 mins on the first visit. I thought I was the only brilliant one.
It is a busy time for you, I know. Just remember - one day you are going to wish they were both back in diapers instead of out there in the big bad world. Big hugs to you!
Did I mention in my other comment how cute your new additon is? What a handsome little boy. He fits right in with the rest of the family.
Post a Comment