Thursday, October 1, 2009

You're Doing a Good Job



Nathan

*Dinner time is a loud and crazy time in our house. The babies are usually crying and stuck in their high chairs, Samantha likes to sing, in a high pitched squeaky voice, songs about Jesus, Jacob likes to yell and poke at the babies, and Haley likes to tease and run around the kitchen laughing. Despite the noise, my kids do an AWESOME job helping me out. Even Jacob knows how to set the table. I guess what we're doing is spending quality time together.

*Last night the babies were crying at the dinner table. Dinner was ready and I was just trying to get it on the table. I got to the table, gave Nathan some cookies and picked up Malikiah. Haley looked at me and said, "You're doing a good job at this adoption thing." It made me feel so happy. I need to realize more that these kids are watching me! I'm glad I was do something possitive.

*I got home from mutual last night and Steve gave me the run down of how many times eveyone got out of bed. He said that he was eating some graham crackers when Jacob came out. He said he had a few particles left in his mouth and of course Jacob knew it. He said "Hey, what's that?" After Steve told him nothing, he asked over and over "I want nothing. I want nothing." And looked in Steve's mouth for the evidence. :)

2 comments:

Stacey said...

You are doing a GREAT job! It was so nice to see you today- you are SUPER mom!

diane said...

Aww - out of the mouth of babes, right (and 6 year olds still count as babes)? You are an amazing woman!