Monday, March 16, 2009

Grandma Jensen

Well, after seeing my Grandma on Saturday I told Steve that he should go his Grandma in Utah. It had been since Jakey was born and she would love the visit. Steve called me this morning and told me that she died in her sleep last night. I felt SO happy for her. She has missed her husband terribly for the past 11 years and I know she will have so much joy seeing him again. She would have turned 94 in April.
These pictures are from August 2007. We took just Jacob up to see her and had a wonderful time. I haven't felt sad about her death until seeing these pictures. Time does move along and loved ones will pass. I just think about how a few more phone calls may have made the end of her journey less lonely.
Call, visit or write a note to your Parents and Grandparents! I know that I need to make a better effort to let the people I love know that I love them.






Steve and I used to take Grandma out to eat when she lived here in Mesa. She loved the attention and loved it when we brought Haley along. She would always offer to pay because she didn't want us to go into debt. I love this picture of Grandma and Jacob. He loved looking at her.

Before I was pregnant with Jacob, Haley would talk about her brother Jacob all the time. She left it alone for about 6 months and then when I ws pregnant with Jacob, before we told anyone, she patted my stomach and said that Jacob was in my tummy. I didn't have to think about names with him, we all knew it had to be Jacob. Afterwards, we found out that Jacob was Grandma's dad's name. I am grateful for special experiences like that. It lets me know that we are not alone and that our family members past and present are all watching and rooting for us.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a sweet post and a great reminder to call our loved ones and let them know we love them. Brent's grandpa just turned 92 and he talks about how excited he is to see his wife again in heaven. What an amazing reunion that will be. Thanks for reminding me about what's truly important.

jckhadlocks said...

I can't believe she passed! Seriously we were just talking about her. Crazy how things do happen so fast. Thanks again for driving and hopefully we can do it again soon. I told people at work that it was a day trip to Cali and they thought we were crazy. Crazy or not I really did have a good time!

okay so I was just about to put in the word verification before I could post my comment and the word is "peenster" lol.. uh.. isn't that a little inappropriate?

Laurie said...

What a great post! I love all the pictures in the last few posts, the kids are getting so big and you truly are becoming a farmers wife with all those kids and chickens running around!

cherie said...

I'm glad you were able to visit Grandma not too long ago. She was a fun lady!
I remember hearing the story about Haley and Jacob. Events like that remind us how important our family is! Thanks for sharing.