Friday, February 13, 2009

Samantha is 4!

Happy Birthday Samantha!
I am so excited for Samantha to have her 4th birthday today! We love having her in our family. She is so good at sharing and good at taking care of the "babies" with me.

Her birth was by far the easiest one ever! I think it was because Extreme Make-over Home Edition was doing a house within walking distance of our house in Gilbert and we loved going over there.

When we brought her home from the hospital we left her in the laundry room so we would have time to say hi to Haley before we moved her from the #1 seat. We told Haley "We have someone we want you to meet!" As soon as we said it, Samantha let out a cry. We went looking to see what it was. Haley was very excited to see and hold Baby Samantha.
She has always been affectionate. Here she is kissing her friend Audrey!

In 2005, The Incredibes were very poplular, so for Halloween I wanted to be the Incredibles. But Steve wanted to be something more creative. Needless to say, we were farmers.

Samantha was walking at 9 months and fractured her leg at 10 months.
It healed up in less than a week.

I remember going to the park when Haley and Samantha were little. I was trying to take their picture and Samantha was really mad at me. I gave her some Cheezits and you can tell by the next picture that she was happy after that.

She has always been a little gymnist.

She's eating Cheezits again and they happen to be her favorite cracker even today.


When she was 2 we decided no more pacifier. We were really good with her. After 1 year, she only had her pacifier in the car and at night. So we took it away cold turkey saying it was "all gone" and that was the end of it.


At 18 months she could swing on a regular swing. It's the gymnist stuff again!

She is Miss Strong Body.

Here is a little tid bit into her dark side! She is super sweet and cute, but has no problem standing up for herself. It's a good thing!


One day I found her like this. She had gotten out the diaper stuff and I guess was planning on just waiting for me to come changer her diaper.





She has rarely gotten into things that made a big mess. She did go through a short stage where she would just dump out the baby powder and put it on herself. Whenever something smelled good, I knew I was in trouble!




Love you Sammy!!!

5 comments:

Debra Jensen said...

We love you, too, Sammy! We can't wait for your birthday party tomorrow! I loved your walk down memory lane, Lindsay...

Stacey said...

Happy Birthday Samantha! LOVE the powder picture!

The Greer Family said...

That was such a cute post. Happy Birthday Samantha! Your blog is so cute, this is actually my first time seeing it. I'm gonna add you guys on my friends list, let me know if that's a problem. :)

Stephanie

heidi said...

she's such a cute girl! It was so fun to read about her.

Julie Letner said...

Your little picture story is so cute. Wow, I can't believe how fast kids grow. I hope Sam had a great birthday. I saw several tatooed kids the next day! Must have been a wild party (he he).