Things have been less than pleasant out our house lately. I am just feeling better after having a cold that lasted over 20 days and now the boys are sick. I was up most of the night with Nathan because he had a fever that showed up late last night and a stuffy nose. Last week I was freaking out over dinner, my messy house, the crying kids and trying to pack the car for mutual. I told Steve I had had enough and sat on the couch to sulk. Typically it's "Cheer up" or "We have so much to be grateful for", but this time it was "It's okay to be at the end of your rope." I felt instantly better! Most of the time I feel like it's not okay to feel upset at the kids that I love so much, that I should be grateful for what I have. Thoughts like if I was counting my blessings, I wouldn't be having such a hard time dealing with the daily stresses of being a mom cross my mind often. Hearing that it was okay made me realize that it is hard, and would be hard for anyone, to be showered, look put-together, have the house clean, dinner ready, the kids clean and happy with no one fighting or crying or hungry. I'm no June Cleaver! But, I know I can do what I need to do with a constant prayer in my heart to have charity and to figure out what's most imporant. A happy home, for sure!
Haley has had a little trouble this past week. I read on babycenter.com that 6 year-olds deal in absolutes. They are either having the time of their life or bored. This explains a lot! Last Friday some boys on the playground were doing something she didn't like, so she kicked one in the privates and bit the other one. Her punishment was that on Monday she wouldn't have morning recess and she would eat lunch in the office. I thought that was fair for my social butterfly. We talked about how it's not okay to hurt people, wrote a sorry note to the boys and that was it. Then comes Monday morning...Thinking that she wouldn't get to have recess, Steve droped her off at school a little earlier than the usual right before the bell rings. She didn't know who to play with. She decided to ask some girls if they wanted to play spies. They said no and probably some other things that offended her so she told them "Okay, now I have to bite you!" and bit one of the girls' fingers. Yikes! (My sister and I talked and wondered if there was broken skin or if it was just a nibble. She is also known for licking people. I think we've watched too much animal planet!) She spent most of the day in the office and returned to class the last couple hours of school. I know we are just at the beginning of school incidents with miz-unda-stood Haley. She's great, we love her. I can hear her giggling during church because she is in the kitchen and the Young Women's room is right next to it. It always makes me laugh!
Anyway, it's been an exciting week. Here are some pictures of the kids. I just looked and I've taken over 400 pictures this month! I'm a little obsessed. But, I cried and begged for my camera, I better use it!


Here are just a few of our orange trees. We have about 60 total in addition to 6 lemon and 2 grapefruit. Seriously, 6 lemon trees!?! We didn't do that, but we're hoping to plant some lime trees. Mmmmm. Anyone interested in citrus, come on down!

Here our our chickens. I wasn't sure what to expect of the chickens, but I really like them. They are very sweet. I can't wait to start getting eggs and Haley can't wait to add more animals to our little clan!I mean, just look at her, they are way faster than she is!
Our yummy oranges!
I have uploaded this picture several times and for some reason it keeps flipping.


Jakey got his first hair cut. I cut it just because I wanted to. I got the scissors out when he had some kind of food stuck in it. He sat in the sink pretty well while I chopped away at his wisps of hair. I also realized that my bathroom has the best lighting! I love the picture of Sammy, the colors are so vibrant without phtotoshopping the picture. I think it's because we have the glass blocks in there instead of regular windows. They do a nice job of diffusing the light.
Our yummy oranges!
I have uploaded this picture several times and for some reason it keeps flipping.

Jakey got his first hair cut. I cut it just because I wanted to. I got the scissors out when he had some kind of food stuck in it. He sat in the sink pretty well while I chopped away at his wisps of hair. I also realized that my bathroom has the best lighting! I love the picture of Sammy, the colors are so vibrant without phtotoshopping the picture. I think it's because we have the glass blocks in there instead of regular windows. They do a nice job of diffusing the light.

6 comments:
Hey there - First of all, don't think you're alone on just wanting to sit on the couch and sulk. I feel that a lot lately like I can't keep up with everything. But I love Steve's response -- I'll have to pass that on to Brent :) Second, have you been reading Twilight out loud at your house? Maybe Haley just wants to be a cool vampire? Whatever it is, this stage will pass quickly I'm sure. She's a cutie. Third, GREAT photos - love them!
Hi, hey weren't we going to get together like a month ago? I want to see your house! Cale and Haley are the same age.
I'm sorry you had such a hard week. I think we all get that way at some point. I know I do.
So.. what camera did you get?
The lighting in your bathroom is beautiful! your picture look great!
your trees are beautiful! Do you sell the fruit?
You'll get through the hard times. I think everyone feels the same way at some point.
Hailey will figure things out too, she just has to test the waters.
Hope you feel better soon!!
Sometimes you just need a hug and a "it's ok"....sometimes you need a GNO and a large caffeinated beverage while getting a pedicure and a cranial massage. If you ever need a girlfriend to escort you to the latter option, I'm in!
Lindsay, Hang in there! You are a wonderful mom. They grow so fast so enjoy every minute!
Lindsay, by the way Can I come play with your kids in the backyard? What alot of fun toys to play with and play on. They are such cuties!
Post a Comment