Monday, January 19, 2009

Horses and Carpet Issues...

On Saturday we headed over to the new equestrian center in Queen Creek and it was so much fun! Their facilities are amazing. Only $700 to rent their big arena!

Inside their huge clean stalls, the 4H kids had booths set up where you could learn about their animals. The black and white chickens were the cutest little guys ever.
These horses were ginormous! The back end of the 6 year old on the left was taller than Steve at just over 6 feet. The owner said that he will continue to thicken as he matures. HUGE! I know the pictures are small, but he made the other horses around look like ponies.

This is what most of us looked like at the end of the event, including myself. Samantha was crying because she had to walk, Haley was crying because she didn't get to buy a horse and Nathan and Jakey were just making noise. I love getting the attention of other people who think we are for sure harming our children as we buckle them in. By the way, Steve made me blow my own nose.


Last week Haley used this huge basket to tie in the tree and sit. She loves being outside.

Here are the girls last Sunday reinacting our PJ party we had at Christmas.


The pictures are miniature, but this is our old carpet. We got our carpet replaced for free because we had dye lines in it. Some people said it just looked like we had vacuum lines in it, but there was something wrong with it. Samantha plaed with a friend for several hours and Jacob, Nathan and I stayed home. Although unsanitary, I had the diaper changing table in the kitchen along with the port-a-crib, the rocking chair, Jakey's crib mattress and some toys. The boys did great! Jacob did not have a nap and at around 5:30 he began crying and honestly didn't stop until we put him in bed almost an hour later. Steve and I were both trying to take care of children and move furniture back onto the carpet and get dinner ready. Thank goodness we had a homework pass for Haley! There was no way to get it all done. So after getting the kids to bed, Steve got ready for church basketball and I sat down to watch something/anything on tv. It's then that I realize the carpet is not the same! I tell Steve and start crying about it. He tells me it will be okay and heads out to the church. I call my sister Kimberly to complain and cry about the carpet. Even though the day went pretty well, I felt completely exhausted!

So, on Thursday Kimberly came over to check out the new, but wrong carpet. After looking at it, she told me it's exactly the same carpet!?!? No way! I knew it wasn't the same. We go get the old roll of carpet from the first install to compare and it was the same! I guess over the 6 months that the bad carpet was in, it had "blossomed"(that's the word the carpet expert used). Anyway, I'm so thankful we don't have to do it again. And,I'm thankful that the only serious problem I thought I had in my life was a carpet issue.


These kids love to door bell ditch.

Jacob is still soooo flexible. We had a little neighbor boy over for dinner and Steve was telling him that Jacob was an elf. No wonder Haley believes in Santa. Just look at him, he does look like an elf, he's only missing the pointy ears! In this picture Steve is demonstrating how Jacob the elf fits into Santas present bag. Toe to the forehead, ouch!

Sometimes Jakey gets tired and sits in the baby swing.

3 comments:

Debra Jensen said...

I think Haley is a natural horsewoman!!! Can't wait to come and see your new carpet! Incicdentally, what did you do with the old(new) stuff?

heidi said...

so glad the carpet turned out to be the same!

It's Me said...

Thank goodness it was the right carpet! Sounds like it was one of those days!