



Because we didn't get Haley her horse for Christmas, we did decide to get her a few horse riding lessons. She was in horse heaven! She learned how to get the horse saddled up and got to brush the horse. She told me she couldn't wait to pick up the horse poop, that's how excited she was! Her first lesson was great and her teacher said that her attention span for her age was great, that she was very confident on the horse, and that she was remembering little things like form and stuff. I'm sure she tells all the moms that, but Haley really did a wonderful job!



We took the girls to Polar Ice last week to go ice skating. Steve and I weren't quite sure if this would be a fun experience or a total bust. The girls loved it! Steve's poor feet were being pinched in the skates and finished up early, so I took both girls out by myself before they realized they could do it themselves. I had to keep pulling their arms up yelling, Stand up! They were screaming I can't! I did not want to fall and with both girls yanking me down I decided they should learn to go solo. By the end, they could each skate pretty well by themselves. They were both so proud and can't wait to go back. We ended up seeing some people from our old ward in Mesa. We lived there the first couple years of our marriage. We had taught the 7-8 year old kids together right before we moved out of the ward. One of the boys, Drew Hooper had driven himself to the ice skating rink! We just kept laughing when we saw him. He looked the same! Steve loved bringing treats for the primary kids.
One Sunday he had made cookies and I guess he had trouble finding baking soda for the recipe. When we got home from church I asked him what baking soda he used. He went to the bathroom and showed me a box of baking soda that was in the cabinet. It was actually Arm & Hammer kitty litter deoderizer! We both felt so sick to our stomachs! We opted to not call and tell the parents what happened. ;)
1 comment:
it's so fun seeing your pictures! looks like you had a fun christmas!
Post a Comment