I love taking pictures of the creatures that roam our backyard and sometimes our house!
These black birds are so mean. They like to knock eggs out of the other birds' nests in our yard, but there are two things I love about them. The first is that is you come near their nest or one of their injured birds, they all flock over and start chirpping like crazy trying to scare us away. They really know how to watch out for each other. (Maybe a good object lesson.) The other thing I love about these guys is when their babies are little they bring them out on the grass and let them roam around a bit while the moms hunt for food. When they come back with the food, these little babies chase the mom and chirp like crazy with their mouths open. Sometimes the moms take off running if they are being chased by too many. Every once in a while I feel like taking off running too!
Here are two of the cardinals that visit our yard. I saw these two both finding food for their babies. The one on the fence is a female and tha pretty one is the male. I thought it was great that they were both working together. Bad picture, but I have had the worst time catching them within the right distance to take their photo.
I hate these fat spiders. They carry the babies on their back and when you go to smash them, the babies run in every nook and cranny! Sweet dreams. :)


Here are two of the cardinals that visit our yard. I saw these two both finding food for their babies. The one on the fence is a female and tha pretty one is the male. I thought it was great that they were both working together. Bad picture, but I have had the worst time catching them within the right distance to take their photo.

I hate these fat spiders. They carry the babies on their back and when you go to smash them, the babies run in every nook and cranny! Sweet dreams. :)

This is a leopard gecko, super cute!

Steve found this huge frog in the chickens water. We kept him in the cage over night and then let him out in the garden in the morning.

These little ones were hard to photograph. I found two of them on my basil and loved their polka dot antennae. They kind of look like teeny crickets.

Steve and I were picking up the house after the kids went to bed and found this guy curled up in the corner of the room on the baseboard. He was so teeny!


Steve found this huge frog in the chickens water. We kept him in the cage over night and then let him out in the garden in the morning.

These little ones were hard to photograph. I found two of them on my basil and loved their polka dot antennae. They kind of look like teeny crickets.

Steve and I were picking up the house after the kids went to bed and found this guy curled up in the corner of the room on the baseboard. He was so teeny!

No comments:
Post a Comment