


Steve helped out with a move just before Jacob's birthday and the girl ended up having 2 metal Tonka trucks that she was getting rid of. Steve took them both even though one of them had rust and chipped paint on it. We had our neighbor sand blast the paint off and then Steve re-painted the used truck. We gave it to Jacob for his birthday and he loves them!
The economy is something that Steve and I have been praying about (Steve a lot and me a little). Steve's job is very much affected by the down turn in the economy. I am so thankful that we have been moderate in our spending! Not to say that we haven't spent, but we were definately able to save up for this time. Steve has stopped praying about the economy after a great lesson in Elder's Quorum about the Lord's Prayer. He was very touched by the lines, "Give us this day our daily bread." The Lord has given us an abundance! Far more than just daily bread. He has made a goal to be less concerned with our material posessions and more concerned with spiritual well being. I am grateful for the change in the economy. We have been more frugal. I have actually sewn up littl rips in the kids clothes or shoes when I would have just tossed them out and bought new. This little truck that has brought so much joy to Jacob was free and we were able to have a fun little project for us to work on. Well, Steve to work on and me to manage. :)
I know that the economy will get better and that Steve's work will pick up. Most of all I know that the Lord will provide. He always has and always will.
3 comments:
Love this post! First - glad to see a move paid off :) Second - what a great reminder that if we start focusing on the spiritual side of things, everything else usually falls into place. And to remember how blessed we truly are. You guys are such great examples. (And Brent got off the phone the other day with Steve and said "I am so grateful to have him as a counselor!" I think that was right after he offered to teach.) Thanks for all you guys do!
Well Steph, I think Brent was the one who gave the lesson that touch Steve so much, so you can tell him great job!
It does sound like it was a great lesson. The truck turned out so nice! It was so fun seeing you Lindsay!
Post a Comment