Sunday, August 23, 2009

Temple Trip

This is her good friend Kylie James.

We went to the temple on Monday night and were able to look around the visitor's center. It was such a good time with the family. We were able to have gospel centered discussions with our kids and they could feel the spirit. Just before we were leaving, the kids wanted to touch the temple. So we found a spot where there was a bench and the kids touched the temple. We talked about how the temple is a holy place and talked about behavior in the temple. Then we talked about how our home can be like the temple and how our behavior should be. We talked about being kind to each other and not yelling. Right after we we said "Now we shouldn't yell in our home either, right?" or something like that, Samantha said "Sorry!" in her sing-song voice and pointer her fingers like in the picture above. We all started laughing, but she heard the message that she needed to hear. :)

3 comments:

diane said...

You are way better than I am - I took the boys to the temple today, and after Ephraim climbed on everything possible, gave me attitude, and wouldn't listen to ANYTHING, I cut our visit short and played the quiet game all by myself on the way home. Sigh.

Lindsay said...

Okay, you are NOT allowed to read my blog if you are going to feel bad after! I will be sure to post some mom of the year moments and crazy kids stuff. We all have those days!

diane said...

Alright alright!! Jeesh!
I was only kidding. Sort of. :-P It's just funny the two opposite experiences happening to us at the same time. It struck me as ironic!