Thursday, October 30, 2008

Haley Baby...

I am so grateful for the zillions of pictures I have of my kids. They are sooo cute! I wanted to post some pictures of Haley because she just turned six. As I looked through my pictures, all of the memories and feelings flooding back into my mind. I remember when she was born, we hadn't quite figured out what we would name her. As soon as they wrapped her up and I saw her, I thought to myself "Here's my Haley baby." For me, she has been the most challenging child. (Knock on wood!) Through her I realized that our kids are born thinking they are older than they really are. I think they remember being taught about agency and they are excited to use it! I expected to have a little baby that just sat around, but she was far from it.

She has always been independent. When she was not quite 2, she had a stomach virus and couldn't even keep water down. We were up most of the night with her. Steve and I were finally sleeping when around 6:30 in the morning we heard someone in the kitchen. We ran in there to find Haley in the fridge making herself chocolate milk. I guess she was thirsty!

We love Haley so much. She has brought so much joy into our lives. We can't wait to see what this new year will bring!















No comments: