Sunday, April 13, 2008

Weekly Recipes

I have a friend that emails me her weekly menu and I love it! I like to see what people are cookin' for dinner. So, I'm going to copy her and post it on my blog. Hope you enjoy!

Barbeque Spare Ribs
Justalyn Couser

1-2 lbs. Country Style Boneless Ribs
*Put in pot of water. Cook for 30 minutes on low.

In Crockpot mix:
1 cup Spaghetti Sauce (Traditional Prego or Ragu)
2/3 cup Brown Sugar
1/3 cup Vinegar
1 tsp. Liquid Smoke
***I usually double the sauce. Actually, I usually double everything!

After ribs have cooked in water 30 minutes, put in crockpot with sauce for 6 hours. If cooking on high, it takes less than 6 hours – Ribs will fall apart when done.

Chicken Enchiladas
Christie Perkes

3-4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 box Rice-A-Roni, cooked according to directions
1 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded carrots
2 cups shredded cheese
1 small can enchilada sauce
1 can tomato soup
12 tortillas

Mix together chicken, rice, sour cream and carrots. Put about 2/3 cup of mixture in each tortilla. Roll and place in 13x9 inch baking dish. Place cheese on rolled tortillas. Mix together enchilada sauce and tomato soup and pour over enchiladas. Bake for 30 minutes at 350F or till bubbly.

***I use mild enchilada sauce with the tomato soup, but you can make it even more mild by changing the ratio of sauce and soup. Very yummy!!!***

Beef Noodle Bowl
Molly Pickett

8 oz. linguine, cooked
3 cups broccoli florets
3 medium carrots, peeled, sliced (about 2 cups)- I used baby carrots
2 tsp. vegetable oil
1 lb. beef sirloin steak, cut into strips (or you can buy the pre-cut stir fry steak, but not as tender)
1/4 cup zesty Italian dressing
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
1 tsp. ground ginger

Cook pasta as directed on package, adding broccoli and carrots to the cooking water for the last 2 minutes of the pasta cooking time. Drain pasta mixture.

Meanwhile, heat oil in a large non-stick skillet. Add meat cooking on all sides until browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in dressing, teriyaki sauce and ginger; cook until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally.

Toss pasta and meat mixtures in a large serving bowl.

Whole Wheat Bread
Rebecca Nabrotsky

3 1/2 C. warm water
1/3 c. oil
1/3 c. honey
1 T. salt
1 T. gluten
1 T. yeast
1 T. dough enhancer or lecithin granules
8 C. whole wheat flour

Mix together all ingredients and 4 cups of flour. As you're mixing add up to 4 more cups of flour. Knead 5 to 10 min until elastic. Shape into three medium loaves on oiled board. Place in pans and let rise until double. Bake at 350 for 30 min. Remove immediately from pans and cool on wire rack.

No comments: